IVE’s Wonyoung recently attended Samsung’s first Unpacked event in South Korea. Held on July 26, 2023, Wonyoung was one of the main stars in attendance. Not only was she given a seat in the front row, but she was also featured in Sydney Sweeney’s short show-and-tell about the new ZFlip5.
Following the successful event, Sydney Sweeney posted the selfie she snapped with Wonyoung during the event. Sydney Sweeney had been demonstrating the selfie mode on the new Flex window display.
Wonyoung reposted the photo on her own Instagram story. Korean media outlet Herald Corp reported that although Wonyoung was in attendance at a Samsung event, she seemed to have been using an iPhone. The black heart emoji is one exclusive to Apple.
The media outlet criticized Wonyoung with the headline, “‘We Thought Wonyoung Was A Samsung Fan.’ She shows no mercy after the event ends.” The headline was a dig at how Wonyoung posted about the Samsung event on what was obviously an iPhone.
Netizens have sprung to Wonyoung’s defence. Wonyoung is actually not the model for Samsung, even though she attended the event. Wonyoung is the model for SK Telecom, one of South Korea’s largest telecoms. Due to their frequent partnerships with Samsung, Wonyoung has been in several of their campaigns for Samsung by extension.
- She’s not a model for Samsung Galaxy. And why do you have to make it public that her main phone is an iPhone? What can you do about it? Seems like people are asking so much from her, after she attends just one event.
- She’s not their spokesperson or model, but it’s true she just went after receiving an invitation, so it was a little careless of her. Don’t just think of the celebrity’s POV, but think of the PR team or staff.
- She should’ve been a little careful.
- Y’all have got to be kidding me… She’s not a model for Samsung Galaxy but for the telecom.
- Even if she’s not the model, it’s right that she should’ve been careful… Honestly, most of the time I would’ve been like, “leave her alone.” But this isn’t it…
The public has high hopes for Wonyoung, as she is currently one of the most influential idols out there. Her influence stretches wide, from elementary schoolers, all the way to women in their 20s. As such, it seems like expectations have been placed on the star to act and behave in accordance. Despite this, Wonyoung is under no legal obligation to be seen only using a Samsung phone.
Share This Post
Content Source: www.koreaboo.com